The main fabric of Snow Liner Over The Calf socks is merino wool from Merino sheep. These, unlike ordinary sheep, have adapted to survive the scorching summers and icy winters of New Zealand's rugged Southern Alps. They can survive these extremes because of the incredible natural engineering of their wool. Super light and breathable in summer, it keeps them cool at temperatures up to +30ºC. In winter, they acquire an extra layer of wool on their base layer that protects them against temperatures that plummet to -10ºC.
Simple, efficient, ingenious. All of Icebreaker's merino wool garments guarantee exceptional lightness, breathability and warmth.
- Benefits: Warmth, breathability, comfort and resistance to odours
- Narrow arch for greater stability
- Wide leg for comfort
- Achilles support that keeps the sock in place
- Breathing zone upper for improved ventilation
- Seamless toe cap to reduce volume and prevent blisters
- Reinforced heel and toe for durability and strength
- Above the calf height
- Lightweight cushioning
- Weight: 100g
- 65 % Merino Wool, 33 % Nylon, 2 % Lycra
- Care instructions:: Machine wash with similar colours Do not use fabric softeners, do not use bleach. Dry inside out at a low temperature
Features common to all Icebreaker garments:
- Temperature control: Merino wool retains body temperature and is warm in cold climates, but also has the ability to maintain coolness in more temperate climates.
- Perspiration: the materials absorb and release vapour to prevent excess heat and body moisture.
- UV protection: additional protection against the sun's harmful rays thanks to merino wool's natural qualities.
- Odour prevention: merino wool is naturally antibacterial.
Quick OverviewVery versatile socks, soft and with ultralight cushioning for a more comfortable day to day step in colder areas.