The Swedish FireSteel fire starter consists of two basic parts: the rod and the firing pin. The rod is made of a high quality pyrophoric alloy containing metals such as iron, magnesium, lanthanum and cerium. The firing pin is made of stainless steel and has a precise cutting edge developed to produce maximum spark. As the firing pin scrapes against the rod, the friction ignites small metal shavings, turning them into oxides and generating bright sparks at high temperature.
The notable difference between the Swedish FireSteel fire starter and similar friction-based fire starters, often referred to as ferrocerium rods, is the alloy's proprietary hardening process, which produces a high-quality material that achieves durability without sacrificing consistency.
- Works in wet and windy conditions
- Durable, up to 3000 strokes
- Emergency Whistle included
- Suitable for travel
- Easy-grip design
- Bio-based plastic
- Made in Sweden
- Includes a handy CircBag for easy storage
How to start a Light My Fire?
1. Collect small sticks, bark and other types of firewood. The smaller the better, as they will be easier to light.
2. Place them in a small pile.
3. Take out your Swedish FireSteel or Swedish FireKnife, with a built-in FireSteel.
4. Use paper, birch bark or, ideally, get out your TinderSticks or Tinder-on-a-rope, made from cultivated Honduran pine, scrape up some shavings and place them among the firewood. With 80% resin, it is the optimum ignition fuel that will burn extremely hot and slow - and can also withstand moisture and water.
5. Build the fire carefully, first with small sticks and then gradually increasing their size. Make sure the fire has enough oxygen and be patient.
Quick OverviewYour best friend to light the fire in any weather.
Product availability: The majority of our products are in stock in our warehouses, this is stated on the same page as "Product in stock. Delivery within 48 hours". In products with size options, this information will appear when you select the size you want. If we do not have the product in our warehouse, we will inform you of the estimated delivery time. We will keep you updated on this information and work to ensure you receive your order as quickly as possible. When the product is not available we will give you the option to sign up to an alert to let you know when it is back in stock.
Payment method: You can pay by card, paypal or bank transfer. If you choose the last option, you will receive an email with our bank details for you to make the payment. When we have proof of the payment, we will take care of changing the status of your order and start to prepare your items for delivery.
Delivery costs: The majority of our orders come with free delivery. Purchases over 49 euros in Spain have free delivery excluding products such as dumbbells, weights, MTB, BMX, urban, road and electric bikes. We don't deliver to the Canary Islands, Ceuta or Melilla.
Returns: 100% satisfaction guaranteed, with 365 days to return your purchase. You can manage this via the "My Account" section where you can request a return. You'll find all the information you need here.
Size changes: For products with size options, you can consult the size guide table in the product details, to help you choose the one that fits you best. If when you receive the order, you need a different size, you can change it free of charge (Spain). If the new size isn't available we will find you an alternative. Here you will find all the steps to follow.