The Aspide has been updated after a thorough study of the anatomical form for a perfect balance between the support zone and the relief zone in the different pedaling situations. The unique shape of the new Aspide saddle offers support and comfort throughout the day thanks to the central relief and the hole: the central relief zone is long enough to be effective in all pedaling positions, but a structural bridge prevents bending and twisting unwanted. Microfel seat cladding ensures grip and durability because it prevents wear, and the entire saddle incorporates only 6.5 grams of padding. The carbon rails are the longest on the market to allow one of the best adjustments in the forward and backward movement of the saddle.
- Rail: DNA-Carbon 9.8 x 7 mm Ø
- Filling: Pebax
- Coating: Microfeel
- Structure: Carbon Fiber
- Weight: 109 g
- Level: super light
- Open (open design): is the result of clinical trials and research on the anatomy of the cyclist. The characteristic of the saddle consists in a gradual opening for a total support and a relief in the perineal area.
- Reinforced carbon fiber: variable carbon structure according to the needs or performance required by the saddle. The elongated carbon fiber reinforces the structure and obtains a flexible and lightweight material.
- Pebax: is a new generation of ultralight foam (40% lighter than the EVA used in saddles) that provides an extraordinary recovery that prevents the loss of mechanical properties by repetitive use. In addition, it offers excellent elasticity and dimensional stability. All these properties allow the saddle to be lighter and more comfortable.
- Microfel: it is a breathable and resistant fabric that offers a better adherence to the filling, emphasizing the ergonomic forms of the saddle.
- DNA: system that allows to increase the rigidity of the rail avoiding the torsion of the saddle without compromising the comfort during the pedaling. The characteristic connection of the rail (Dinamyc Node Action) in the form of X concentrates all the forces to provide additional support in a certain area.
- New ergonomics: perfect balance between the support area and the release area. The large hole increases comfort and offers a long support: the central relief zone is long enough to be effective in all pedaling positions, but a structural bridge prevents unwanted bending and twisting.
Quick OverviewIt is the lightest saddle offered by San Marco thanks to new materials such as the Pebax, an ultra lightweight foam that also provides a lot of comfort.