The Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8170 2x12V left hydraulic disc brake lever features all-new ergonomics, even more precise brake modulation and wireless electronic shifting. This trifecta allows you to focus on the next sprint, the next descent or your partner's next joke. They provide improved modulation and control on every ride thanks to Shimano's proven SERVO WAVE technology. The new Di2 platform, used on both Dura-Ace and Ultegra, frees up shifting while offering the world's fastest and most reliable wireless shifting.
- Use: Road
- Model: Shimano Ultegra Di2 R8170
- Speed: 2x12V
- Weight: 391 g (pair)
- Brake Lever: Recommended brake caliper BR-R8170
- Shift lever type DUAL CONTROL LEVER
- Design with unparalleled ergonomics enhanced with feedback from professionals
- Optimised brake control
- Lighter and smoother lever action
- Improved modulation thanks to an enlarged braking control zone
- Compatible with wired and wireless connection
- High electronic energy efficiency
- SERVO WAVE: When a SERVOWAVE brake lever is pulled, the initial pad travel is fast, so that only a slight movement of the lever is required for the pads to contact the brake disc. The power multiplier factor then increases rapidly at the 'pad/disc' contact point, so the lever travel is used to apply more braking power with greater control.
- REACH ADJUST: The brake lever is equipped with a range adjustment mechanism. The distance between the handlebar grip and the lever can be adjusted to suit any size of hand or cycling style, as well as the individual preferences of the rider.
- DCL: DCL stands for DUAL CONTROL LEVER. It incorporates the brake and shift functions into the system and is easy to use.
The Shimano Ultegra R8170 2-piston hydraulic front brake caliper offers improved modulation, a quieter braking system and an easier bleeding process than ever before. The disc brake caliper brings a new level of control to the world of road cycling with improved modulation and a faster initial braking point. Despite its smaller construction, the system is quieter than ever and easier to maintain.
- Use: Road
- Model: Shimano Ultegra R8170
- Pistons: 2
- Recommended brake disc RT-MT800
- Recommended brake lever ST-R8170
- Brake type: Hydraulic disc brake
- Weight approx. 146 g
- ONE WAY BLEEDING has been developed for quick and easy prevention of the presence of air in your hydraulic system. They have streamlined the oil path in the system to avoid air bubbles in the system. The passing of oil in one direction plus a mineral oil funnel tool provides an easy and clean purge system.
- ICE TECNHNOLOGIES: Overheating, which can occur in the disc and pad when braking on long descents, has a negative impact on braking performance. Shimano has adopted the ICE TECHNOLOGIES disc and pad for cooling technology that provides consistent performance. The coated disc blade, with a 3-layer sandwich structure of stainless steel, aluminium and stainless steel, provides better radiation performance.
Quick OverviewA perfect kit to get your new Shimano components.
Product availability: The majority of our products are in stock in our warehouses, this is stated on the same page as "Product in stock. Delivery within 24 hours". In products with size options, this information will appear when you select the size you want. If we do not have the product in our warehouse, we will inform you of the estimated delivery time. We will keep you updated on this information and work to ensure you receive your order as quickly as possible. When the product is not available we will give you the option to sign up to an alert to let you know when it is back in stock.
Payment method: You can pay by card, paypal or bank transfer. If you choose the last option, you will receive an email with our bank details for you to make the payment. When we have proof of the payment, we will take care of changing the status of your order and start to prepare your items for delivery.
Delivery costs: The majority of our orders come with free delivery. Purchases over 49 euros in Spain have free delivery excluding products such as dumbbells, weights, MTB, BMX, urban, road and electric bikes. We don't deliver to the Canary Islands, Ceuta or Melilla.
Returns: 100% satisfaction guaranteed, with 365 days to return your purchase. You can manage this via the "My Account" section where you can request a return. You'll find all the information you need here.
Size changes: For products with size options, you can consult the size guide table in the product details, to help you choose the one that fits you best. If when you receive the order, you need a different size, you can change it free of charge (Spain). If the new size isn't available we will find you an alternative. Here you will find all the steps to follow.