In 1918, their first bicycle wholesales shop was opened in Schweinfurt which was expanded in the following years. Bernd Seuffert, grandson of the founder, acquired the company in 1956, while around 6000 bikes a year were being produced.
In 1963, the first Winora bicycle factory with assembly-line system was built in Schweinfurt.
At the start of the eighties, a new bicycle factory was built to meet the growing demand caused by the petroleum crisis and the new awareness about health.
In 1988, Winora took over the company Staiger (Stuttgart) and Winora-Staiger GmbH was founded.
In 1997, the company became associated with Derby Cycle Corporation, Cloppenburg. Susanne Puello, the great-granddaughter of founder Engelbert Wiener, assumed management.
In 2001, Winora-Staiger GmbH and E. Wiener Bike Parts GmbH & Co. KG merged to form Winora.
In 2002, Winora became a part of the Accell Group in Heerenveen, The Netherlands.
By the end of 2015, E-Bikes were contributing to 71 per cent of the company’s total revenue.
Categories related to Winora